Theme of the Event:
“Importance of Forensic Medicine for Undergraduate Medical Education”
The international forensic day was organized by department of forensic medicine on 30th sept 2021. The following guests honored by event with their presence.
- Prof Dr Abdur Rasheed Mian (Vice President PMA Islamabad, Vice President PAMI, Chief Guest)
- Muhammad Ijaz Hussain (Executive Director AFMDC, Guest of Honor)
- Prof Dr Noor Akbar Sial (Principal AFMDC)
- Mr Aftab Khan (Senior Manager AFMDC)
- Prof Dr Altaf Pervez Qasim (ABWAH Medical College Faisalabad)
- Prof Dr Mahammad Aslam (Faisalabad)
- Prof Dr Shirza Nadeem (UMDC Faisalabad)
- Associate Prof Dr Humaira Arshad (Independent Medical College Faisalabad)
- Prof Dr Mobin Inam (FMU Faisalabad)
- Prof Dr Saeed Akbar Tariq (FMU Faisalabad)
- Prof Dr Kishwar Naheed (FMUFaisalabad)
- Dr Ehsan Ahmad (FMU Faisalabad)
- Dr Zafar Iqbal (DMLO, AMS DHQ Faisalabad)
- Dr Muhammad Shafique (FMU Faisalabad)
- Dr Qaiser Abbas Shah (ABWAH Medical College Faisalabad)
Objective of event:
Forensic Medicine is a branch of medicine, which implements knowledge of all sub-specialties of medicine & surgery for providing justice to society & to curb crime in our social structure.Forensic Medicine acts as the back bone for the investigative system of police & for conclusion of cases in our judicial system.
So, it is very vital to prepare our 3rd year undergraduates in the subject & to train them for the work that they perform at medico-legal centres. Events like “Forensic Day” give better exposure of the subject to the undergraduates & their learning process is strengthened. Student learn to implement their theoretical knowledge on the practical cases, as medico-legal officers and experts.
- Participation by faculty members, 3rd year MBBS class & guests. 11:50 am
“Theme Presentation by Associate Professor/HOD Dr Khurram Sohail Raja”
- Dr Khurram Raja presented Theme of the event & talked on the psychomotor skills training of 3rd year MBBS Forensic Medicine students. All stakeholders including lawyers, police & judiciary, were included & they talked on the advantages they receive from a skilled medico-legal doctor.
…. “Posters with their Costumes & Role Plays …. A Concept Adopted First Time In Pakistan”
TOPICS OF THE POSTERS ALLOCATED TO THE STUDENTS:
- DNA Fingerprinting
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Trafficking
- Fabricated / Friendly hand injuries
- Legislation on Police Torture Cases
- Firearm Wounds
- Forensic Criminal Laws
- Importance of Forensic Medicine in the view of Islamic Studies
- Drug Abuse
- Medical Negligence
- Medico Legal Certificate (MLC)
- Sheesha Smoking
- Street Crimes
- Trace Evidence
- Transportation Injuries
- Training for Police Officers
- Students if 3rd year MBBS AFMDC made posters on allocated Forensic Medicine topics.
- Then they worked very hard on their costumes related with their topics & prepared role plays.
- So, every station was a visual expression of a Forensic Medicine topic.
- It’s a unique LEARNING METHODOLGY.
“Dramatic skit …. CMOs issuing MLC of a medico-legal case, conducting autopsy on same case & then recording evidence in Court”
- In very limited time, undergraduate students if 3rd year MBBS, Aziz Fatimah Medical & Dental College Faisalabad show their skills of doing practical medico-legal work.
- A murder attempt while snatching a mobile phone..
- Injured brought to COD & MLC is issued.
- Patient expires in hospital due to injuries.
- Autopsy is conducted.
- CMO appears in court for evidence.
- It’s a marvelous presentation & narration of a medico-legal case.
- Through this learning methodology, students learn that how they can relate their theoretical knowledge with their practical work.
- Students learn that what they need to learn after their graduation.
“Ye Watan Tumhara Hai, Tum Ho Pasban Is K …. (A Small Payback to Pakistan)”
- Whatever we are, its due to Pakistan.
- Our country has given us a career, respect, progress & identity.
- We owe everything to Pakistan & we need to serve it in whatever way we can.
- This feeling should be induced in our students too.
- For the first time, see honoured Forensic faculty of Faisalabad singing a mili naghma for Pakistan.
- Enjoy last item of International Forensics Day 2021.
“Forensics Walk by Guests, Medical faculty & Students to educate Community on the importance of Forensic Medicine”
- Event of International Forensics Day 2021 ended with Forensics Walk.
- Chief Guest Prof Dr Abdur Rasheed Mian, Executive Director AFMDC Ijaz Hussain, Principal AFMDC Prof Dr Noor Akbar Sial, Deputy General Manager H &R Aftab Ahmad Khan & all HODs of Forensic Medicine Departments in all Medical Colleges of Faisalabad, with Forensic faculty & medical students participated in the walk.
- Event ended on a very successful note.